Encounter Youth Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you provide to us.
Our procedures for collecting and handling personal information uphold the principles of the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Kinds of personal information we collect
We only collect personal information that we require for the purposes of our business functions and activities. We always tell you who we are and what we intend to do with your information when we receive it.
The kinds of personal information we collect about you depends on the services we are providing to you. Generally, the personal information we collect from you will include:
- Contact details, including phone number, email address and mailing address
- Date of birth
- Secondary education provider
- Contact details for your parents or guardians (if applicable)
- Emergency contact details
- Financial and payment information
- Car registration details
If you do not provide all of the personal information we require, we may be unable to provide you with the products or services you are seeking.
How we collect personal information
We generally collect personal information directly from you, either in person or by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us including electronically.
If you provide us with information about a third party, you warrant that the third party consents to us collecting and using their personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How we use and disclose personal information
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing you with our products and services;
- responding to enquiries and to provide you with the information you have requested;
- communicating with you and providing information to you about any services you have booked and our business;
- obtaining your feedback on our products and services;
- conducting marketing and other promotional activities, including to send you newsletters, surveys, offers and other promotional materials;
- reducing or avoiding a threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health and safety; and
- disclosure to third parties (such as our agents, contractors, volunteers and suppliers) for the above purposes.
If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us, you may “opt out” at any time by contacting us (contact details below) or by using the opt-out mechanism provided in each communication.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information without your consent unless required or authorised by law.
Access and correction of your personal information
If you wish to access your information or you believe any of your personal information in our records is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date please contact us at email@example.com
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information. We will keep personal information as long as we need it, or as long as we are required by law to retain it, after which time we will destroy it or de-identify the personal information.
Encounter Youth website
The Encounter Youth website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Encounter Youth. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or use and protection of your personal information on those websites.
This Policy is current as at July 2017. We reserve the right to amend, modify or replace this Policy at any time. The date of this Policy will inform you as to whether there have been updates since your last visit.
Queries or Comments
Alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Encounter Youth at Level 1, 37 Angas St, Adelaide SA 5000