Submission of this booking form creates a binding agreement between Encounter Youth and schools/community groups, to ensure a safe environment for participants and the effectiveness of the presentation. This must be agreed upon before the booking will be finalised.
To ensure a safe environment for participants, school/community groups will:
- Ensure the most appropriate staff members attend and engage at all times to provide behavioural support and to meet duty-of-care obligations.
- Provide emotional and practical support to students/staff following the completion of the seminar(s).
- Notify Encounter Youth, before the seminar begins, of any relevant issues/incidences related to the topics to be presented.
To ensure the effectiveness of the presentation, school/community groups will:
- Provide an effective presenting space, with appropriate seating per number of students and a clear viewing path of the presentation for each student.
- Allow adequate time for the presenter to set up prior to the presentation. We suggest allowing 15 minutes to set up.
- Notify Encounter Youth of any other agencies presenting or invited to the seminar(s).
- Notify Encounter Youth about relevant participant information when working with this group i.e. literacy, behaviour or learning preferences.
Encounter Youth must be contacted in writing by email or letter at least 2 business days prior to the seminar presentation. If a cancellation is made with less than 2 business days notice, the full charge will be applicable. Under any circumstances, if Encounter Youth has paid travel costs prior to the cancellation, these will need to be paid in full by the school/community group.