What is an incident?
An incident is an undesired event, which resulted or could have resulted in harm, damage or loss.
An incident report MUST be completed if:
- An individual was injured;
- An individual has received first aid care;
- An individual was taken to hospital, a doctor's surgery, emergency dental surgery, or seen by another medical professional;
- An outside emergency service is contacted;
- There was an alleged illegal act,
- There was a serious volunteer dispute;
- An individual was sent home;
- Property was damaged, lost or stolen;
- A near miss has occurred; or
- Other situations which will require judgment and consultation with an Encounter Youth staff member.
Our mantra is "If in doubt, fill one out!"