Let me introduce you to the beautiful souls that want you to have your very best Festival experience ever! In this blog we’ll be sharing with you some of their very top schoolies tips.
Encounter Youth volunteers come to us from Christian communities all over the state, keen to make your Festival the best and safest it can be. They play so many roles over the weekend! They hook you up with your wristband, help you on stage in the Club Tent for a crazy, fun, dancing experience, provide fun hangout spots in many of the main accommodation sites and are on every bus making sure you get to and from the Festival in a safe way. That’s only the tip of the iceberg so to speak (we even have teams dedicated solely to picking up rubbish and keeping the toilet blocks safe and tidy for you). In this blog we’re going to share with you their top schoolies tips they want to impart to you as you prepare.
These volunteers are collectively called the ‘Green Team’ and you will have many encounters with them. Each and every volunteer is there because they care that you are safe, happy and pumped up to party! The sting of their high five will be left on your palm for hours, the joy of their grins and jokes will remain with you!
Encounter Youth recruits, trains and empowers these volunteers, and the essence of their spirit when they cover the Fleurieu in green cannot be fabricated.
11 Schoolies Tips to ensure your best Festival experience!
- Tegan – The lolly shop on the main street is sweeeeet!
- Dylan – Stay with your mates, you’ll get the most out of your weekend and make the best memories.
- Jess – Do-Nut go without finding the free donuts!
- Steph – You must take a pic with the Whales Tail, that guys a chiller.
- Andrew – Find sustenance through food as well as bringing a means to cook it! Water is also recommended.
- Jess – Make new friends, you could met your bestie over the weekend.
- Jemimah – Ladies, rock those comfy shoes you’ve been saving for a special occasion, heels will sink into the grass, I can guarantee it!
- Jason – Don’t forget to call your mum, she worries!
- Ash – Don’t let anyone touch your wristband! Don’t modify it, don’t cut the tails off, just leave it as it is!
- De – Brrrr, it’s cold in here, there must be some Toros in the atmosphere *claps hands* – no seriously, bring a jumper, you’ll be frozen on the way home so check it in at the cloak room til you need it.
- Jason – Make like Macklemore and carry $20 in your pocket. Just in case.
Ok, so that was 12, but you’ll notice some super keen beans wanted to give you two schoolies tips! That’s how thoughtful they are!
Don’t miss out on a weekend of celebrating with these awesome people. If you haven’t bought your ticket for the largest and safest school leaver celebration in South Australia, my question to you is…. ‘Why on earth not?’ Do it now!